Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Which steriliser?

Hi girls,

Just wondered if you can recommend a steriliser? Theres so much on the market im not sure which to go for. Electric or microwave? I quite like tommee tippee or philips advent. Im hoping to get one in the sales along with a few extras maybe in a set such as bottles.

Thanks in advance

Bec

xxx

Replies

• I use the TT microwave one..... its so easy.....and I can also pop it in a carrier bag if I spend the whole day at my parents house - I take it sometimes just incase DS wants more feeds and I can re-use the bottles !!!

my was ??10.99 from Boots...it was in the sale.....

TT microwave one is just perfect for me !

DLAM xxx
  • Hi just a word of warning about the TT electric steriliser - I had 2 in the first 8 weeks of my boys life and they both had developed the same fault (light on front stopped working so you didnt know if it had worked/finished etc of not). If you google it it's a very common problem!

I got an avent one - my TT CTN bottles fit fine and had no probs - LO is now 24 weeks.

HTH x
  • Oh thats great thank very much, we quite like the look of the avent ones but i really like the tommee tippee bottle shapes so its good to know we can use them in the avent. Hopefully well find a good bargain in the sales after new year. Its all just so confusing with so much on the market.

Thanks so much for the help.

xxx
  • i've got an avent microwave one, same as i had with my first. got it in asda baby week for ??10

i got it because i really dont like the tommee tippee bottles :lol:
  • I have the TT steam steriliser and really like it, apart from the fact that it's hard to gt the lid on one-handed- difficult when you have LO over your shoulder! Otherwise i's great though, 3 mins to sterilise.

It says bottles are sterilised 24 hours without opening, however if you get a bottle out and thn put he lid back on do you have to sterilise again (and change the water) before you take another bottle out?

LO 3+5
  • kittenmittens, that is one of the reasons i think making one feed at a time is pointless!
  • Yeah, I make up 2 feeds at a time and run the steriliser before making them up, use one feed and put the other in the fridge for later. We don't have enough fridge space to keep a whole day's worth in there but at least this cuts down on the prep time a bit!
  • ive got the avent one. Its great yo can fit diff bottles in it with imagination!!

It keeps bottles sterile for 24 hrs on a continious cycle that you pause and start up again.

Had the TT steam one and i had to send it back because the light stopped working as starry eyed said.

xx
  • I had TT microwave one and thought it was fine, and I still use it occasionally now, but because of the rules about having to make each one fresh, once you open it the contents are no longer sterile so you've got to re sterilise... I just couldn't be doing with it and moved onto Milton. It truely is great and i've been using it for 7 months.

It takes 15 mins for something to be sterile, you don't have to rinse anything just give it a shake and it means if something happens like you drop the bottle and the teat goes on the floor you just get another out of the solution.

The only downside is a massive tub full of bottles, teats etc on your worktop - but then I have twins so do have a BIG tubs for all the stuff.

I have lindam microwave bags that take 3 mins in case of 'emergency' ie baby screaming and wanting dummy or whatever.