Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

pregnant and breastfeeding?

Hey, is there anyone out there who is pregnant and still bf their lo?

If so, I was just wondering what the circumstances were for you to fall pregnant ie. how old your lo was and how many feeds they were having etc.?

Also, did you carry on feeding whilst pregnant and how easy or difficult is it, especially with a growing bump? Did anyone feed right up to their next babies birth?

Would be great if anyone has any answers! image thanks xxx

Replies

• Options
    I am still bf my ds2 who is a year old and am currently pg with no 3. I am only 8weeks so not sure how long I will carry on for but not having any difficulties at the moment.

I didn't start my periods again til Oskar was 10 months olk and he had dropped to 3 feeds a day but my body is not very efficient when it comes to prducing hormones. I wasn't expecting to be able to try until I had completely stopped bf so was in a little shock when it happened striaght away!!

Good luck if you are trying.
  • Options
    I have breastfed through 2 pregnancies and have fed both children after the birth. At the moment i am feeding my 20 month old DS2 and my 3 month old DD3 (previously i fed my DS1 til he was 23 months until my DD2 self weened at 10 months)

As for getting pregnant the first time i got pregnant when my DS1 was 4 months and i had, had some light spotting but he was still fully breast fed. and the second time my DS2 was 8 months and was eating so having less feeds in the day and i had light periods from about 4-5 months.

I have found no problems either feeding through pregnancy or continuing to feed both children after the baby is born.

• Options
    ahh thanks so much for replies image really reassuring!
  • Options
    I breast fed DS and when I started weaning him at 6 months I got pregnant again he was 7 months, no period in between though! He continues to feed till I was 6 months pregnant when he gave up by himself ( i was quite happy to feed both so didn't try to wean him), I don't know if my milk changed taste, or if I maybe just wasnt a comfy shape anymore, or maybe he'd just finished?

• Options
    Hi sorry to g/c but was really glad to see this thread! Jennifer is 12 weeks old and we are TTC number 2 but as yet havent had a period. It's good to hear that it is possible to get pregnant when breastfeeding, and before periods come back fully, I'm going to test tomorrow image I had also wondered about feeding when pregnant I had heard hat pregnancy hormones change the flsvour of the milk but it sounds like you girls have managed fine xx