Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

please help! Rules on travelling with bottles

I am travelling with my twins to a funeral 130 miles away on Wednesday and will be out of the house about 12 hours.

I have cartons of ready to feed formula to use but don't know what I need to do about the bottles cos I don't know what the rules are about them being sterile/staying sterile.

I use milton and usually get the bottles out of the solution, shake them off and fill with the milk as I need to feed them. Do I need to take my big box of milton&water with bottles in to make up as I need, or can I make up all the bottles (not with the milk) and carry them round with me all day? (ie to fill to demand).

I need to know that 100% it is safe to do this as they are prem babies and susceptable to things - probably don't need to be any more/less careful than any other mum, it just makes me more neurotic!

If I need to take the Milton I will, but if I don't need to it would save me hassle.

Thanks loads in advance for any advice you can give me.

L x

Replies

• I use a steam steraliser and i take sealed bottles out with me they say they are sterile for 4 hours if sealed straight away. Although i dont panic if its slightly longer because i take to sealed bottles to bed to make up night feeds.

Unsure about milton though.

Ive got a travel steraliser from Tomee tippee that you can use in the microwave or with milton. It fits only TT bottles or small 4 0z avent bottles.

Failing that u can but sterile disposable bottles from TT if yo would be happier doing that.

hth

xx
  • I make up the days feeds and leave them sealed on the Utility work tops so if you keep the bottles sealed then I can't see it being a major problem....

DLAM xxx