Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

overnight question

i bottle fed my son, due to latching issues. anyway i changed his bum when i fed him in night. when i asked my mum about breastfeeding and she said the bonus is in night just feed in bed, dont have to move! and it made me think, what about cahnging bum? my mum said she couldnt remember what she did as it was 30 yrs ago, she may well of done.

Replies

• In the early days I changed my LO before each night feed as otherwise she just fell asleep while feeding but I stopped doing it at about 6 weeks because she was better at feeding when sleepy then and the less disruption she had the easier she would go back down afterwards. She's now 14 weeks and in the morning when I change her usually her nappy is SO heavy as it's really full but she doesn't seem uncomfortable with it.

xx
  • I don't always change nappy, it just depends what time she has woken up. If it's earlier I leave it but if it's later then I change it as it's likely to be fuller. x
  • Most things say dont change them at night unless they are soiled, i dont change little ones nappy and she feeds a lot (breast) at night and although its very heavy in the morning, she is perfectly happy and she is very lucky as doesnt have any problems with irritation - as usual its gonna be what works for you and your bubba