Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hungry baby milk ???

hi am new to this ... plz help ...

my baby girl is 1 month old she started on sma gold but was feeding too freqent & had 3 bottles 1 after the other 1 night, so changed her to sma white extra hungry but now she is constipated although she passes stools ok she grunts and stools are yellow and hard i have given her water but this seems to make no diff, i want to change her to aptamil but dont know wether to use comfort (to help her stools) or hungry (to keep her more satisfied) ???? :? x

Replies

• Have you tried keeping her on the original milk but upping the oz? I also tried lo on hungry milk but gave up - it didnt make a difference really.

• no i have'nt bothered b-coz i knw she will still be hungry she's a piglet lol e.g she's just had a bottle 120 ml extrahungry n she wants more like always lol but thanks for ur advice image
  • Hi hun,

my DS is just over 3 weeks old and is having nearly 5oz a feed and generally feeds every 3 hours so would 2nd what snugglenush advised with increasing the amount image

Hungry milk doesn't contain any more calories, but expands in babies tummy so personally I'm not a fan of ot really. Maybe speak to your HV for advice?

xxx
  • i used hungry milk for 3 weeks he was 7 weeks old (cow and gate)

But made no diff apart frm tummy ache and runny green poos

so changed to aptamil 1 and hes better and doesnt guzzle

xx

ds 12 weeks