Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New Born and feeding

HI Ladies,

Well i gave birth to my beautiful little boy this morning. I am bottle feeding but i just wanted to know how much all your babies drank when new born?!?! He doesnt seem to be eating much at all...he has had about 4-5oz since he was born at 02.08 this morning - is this normal? I keep trying to give him more but he doesnt seem interested...he has however passed lots of poo today and i wonder whether he is just too full of poo to take any food on?!?!

Look forward to your comments and help ladies.

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations! That will be more than enough. If he is having wet nappies and settled he will be fine. His tummy is the size of his own fist clenched shut so its teeny so he wont need a lot to fill it x
  • Options
    Congrats on you baby.

I think newborns have about 2ozs ish every couple hours.

My little lady was a piggy and had 3ozs for her first feed then went down to 2oz after. At 15 days she's now on 4-5 oz each feed! Lol!!

Hope this helps

Xx
  • Options
    My baby is 8 days old and after an un-succesful attempt at breastfeeding which saw him drop 1lb in 3 days we are now bottle feeding. Struggling to get used to his feeds. They can be between 2 1/2 - 4 hours appart and he will take between 50ml and 100ml .... any advice?? We are attempting to space the feeds so he does take more, but you can't leave them scream can you.

KT
  • Options
    HI congrats! my baby is 10 days old and had around 1-2oz every 3 hours-ish for first couple days (black poo stage) and seemed to up his feeds fromt hen on. he is now on 4-5oz every 3 hours-ish and he is 10 days old. he was quite big when bornt ho (8lb13oz) so dont know if that makes a diff xx