Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Greedy baby or not?!?!

Hey ladies,

I was just wondering how much your babies are taking in one sitting? My little boy is 3 weeks old today and we have just upped the amount to 5oz, admittedly he hasnt take a full 5 in one sitting yet but he always clears the 4 and a bit more! Is this right?!?! He isnt sicky either, do i just have a little piggy?!?!?!

xxx

Replies

• Hiya, My little girl is 3 and a bit weeks now and i've just upped her feeds to 5oz also...and she drinks the lot!! She is having that every 3-4 hours but she rarely goes 4 hours...most of the time it's 3!! She is def a little piggy.

How often is your boy having his 5oz??

My DD was 3 weeks early so is still only 6lb 11oz at almost 4 weeks old. Not sure if that has anything to do with her being hungry but I can notice her filling out more too.

Also, Does your LO have a dummy. I haven't given one to her but was thinking it might be possible that she is looking to suck for comfort sometimes and if i gave her a dummy she might not want a feed??...but i dunno if i'm just being silly cos if she wasn't hungry she wouldn't finish her feed right??

I haven't seen the HV this week but plan on asking her for advice. The HV has aleady told me to get medium flow teats as the newborn ones are too slow for her.
  • I'd try the variflow teats!! Baby is then in control of what they are getting!!

My little lady is 6wks and 3 days and is on 6oz of hungry milk every 5 hours. I think she was clearing 4-5 oz of normal milk every 3-4 hours at 3ish weeks.

I wouldn't imagine it's a bad thing! Think we all must have porky pigs for babies!! Lol!!

Xx
  • I have tried the variflow teats and little missy hasn't got on well with them at all image

• hi my little boy is 10 days old and has been taking 5oz every 3 hours, and keeping it down quite happily. I spoke to my midwfe as i thought this may be a bit much, a bit too often, but she said if thats what he takes then that is what he needs, so i wouldnt worry about it. x
  • I have the same problem, my little son is nealy 4 weeks and clearing 6oz of C&G hungry baby food in one sitting! but he is also looking for a feed every 3-4 hours (sometimes even every 2).

I was also wondering if this is normal? or even if there was another brand that would fulfill him better???

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved
  • Our boy is 6 weeks old and wolfs down 5oz every 3 hours.he was born 8lb 2, after 3 weeks he was 11lb, he s looking like a little buddah and is amazingly strong, he is on sma for hungry babies and seems to be very happy,not much colic and poo seems fine.we were worried that hes having to much, but how can you argue if hes thriving.

• my lo is 8 wk and just moved her onto hungry baby milk she only has 5oz n then keeps bitting n bobbing between feeds :/ dont no if i have made the right desision moving her onto stage 2 milk

• she has it every 3-4 hour ish im now a bit worried as she is having the same or less than ur younger babys image  she wont take any more and last time she waighed 10lb 1oz below where she should be she was born at 6lb 13 oz