Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How many bottles does your baby have a day?

Hi, my baby is 11 weeks old and has fallen into a good routine but im finding the feeding times difficult. She currently has 6 bottles a day starting from 7am and is normally fed every 3 hours during the day. So currenty she is fed at 7am, 10 am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm then dream feed at 11pm. She leads the times and is normally ready for a bottle at these times but in last week we have noticed that she wants to go to bed at 6pm-6:30pm and gets really grumpy until she does. If we leave it too late she cries and refuses her bottle as she is so tired. The problem is the time from 4pm bottle and 6pm bottle is only 2 hours so she only takes 3oz when normally has 5oz. I have tried making 6oz bottles and thought we could make it last longer like every four hours and would work out but she normally stops at 5oz. She's really happy and I think she just really likes to follow a rountine so should i just stop worrying?? Any advice would be great x x x

Replies

• My DD is only 10 weeks, and I'm a first time mum, so I can only tell you my experience. She has 5 6oz bottles a day - 7/8am depending on when she gets up; 11/12; 3.30/4pm; 7pm and somewhere between 2-4am although am going to try a dream feed at 11ish. So 3-4hrs between feeds and she normally takes most of the bottle and sometimes wants an oz or so more at her lunchtime feed (11/12).

I would say if you are both happy with the routine then why change it - ours is not something i decided but it's what we have fell into. I have tried getting E to take more than she wants, but she either refuses or brings it back up again, so probably best just to go with the flow.

Elf x