Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

more milk in 1

hey every 1, i been breast feeding for 6 week now and just wondered if any 1 else is getting more milk out of 1 but not other ? i express milk and get loads out of 1 boob but hardly none out of other what shud i do? :cry:

Replies

• Options
    expressing isn't the best way to tell how much milk you are producing. I would always find that my left boob felt much more full than my right but I did find that it was easier and more comfortable feeding on my left so put it down to that really. I just tried to feed more from the smaller side to build up the supply
  • Options
    ok thank u, i gonna ave 2 try that just hope it comes back, even in nite i get up 1 boob hard the 1 i feed from more other is normal ish so i cum dwn and express i will try feeding more from that side thank u x :cry:
  • Options
    I was similar, could feed easier from one side so tended to do that and always had more milk that side. I still managed to feed really well and when I expressed I got more from one side than the other too x
  • Options
    thats same as me i get about 1 ounce if i lucky wen i express from that i gonna use that 1 alot more now see if i can get it going lol x
  • Options
    If you stick to a particular/prefered feeding side that one will produce the greater amount with the other producing less as less demand, this can leave you with one very swollen sore boob and one more normal looking. It can be hard by try pinning a badge or safety pin above the boob you last fed with and alternate between boobs with each feed. You'll find the amount produced will even itself out again.
  • Options
    Believe it or not, but the 'emptier' feeling boob is probably the one that's actually producing more milk, as it will be being more effectively drained. The fuller feeling side is full/engorged because it is not being emptied.

Engorgement is a sign your body is producing too much, so supply will slow. The best way to increase milk supply is to remove the milk.

Empty boobs fill quicker, full boobs fill slowly