Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

he wont take ebm

with my daughter i brought several types of bottles and she just refused to take them, so i gave up. i did it all my self. now my little man is 7 weeks and is also refusing the bottle, i feel so bad trying to make him take it, he hates it. id really like to have the option of someone else doing a feed if nessasery. does anyone know of any magic bottles

Replies

• My daughter was the same. If you are wanting someone to help feed regular you will need to get him to use a bottle as alternates are hard work, but if it is just for now and then or in an emergency you could use a cup or a spoon. Never done it myself but I have heard that they are more accepted by babies. Can I just ask when you give a bottle is it you giving the bottle? Often breast fed babies won't take a bottle off mummy because they know there is a nicer alternative! Ask someone else to try and make sure you are no where near. Also don't do it when he is starving. He will just get frustrated. Give him a little feed first so he isn't too hungry but also wanting the milk. Good luck x
  • Hi Sian

Just posted sometihng similar and then seen your post. I'm having the same problem and tried all the above re dad giving it when she's calm adn I'm not there and no success yet! I'm using a tommee tippee bottle at the mo which I think has a slow flow teat and so tomorrow I'm going to get a different one, not sure which yet, maybe a variflow. Hope you find a solution and if you do let me know, I'll do the same!

Good luck, Jen x
  • Hi. On the recommendation of a maternity nurse i'm trying NUK bottles as the teats are supposed to be much better than others including the ttctn bottles - I have loads of these which we were dying until we hit three months and my daughter decided to stop taking a bottle! We're going for it tomorrow with me out of the house for an extended period as all gentle approaches have failed. Hope you have better luck! X