Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can you get thrush on just one side?

I had thrush back in the early days and it went into my ducts, was treated eventually with a course of tablets and all settled down, but now at over six months, I have a very sore nipple on one side, feels very uncomfortable when lo latches on and feeds and turns pure white after a feed, all signs of thrush, but the otherside and lo seem totally fine. Can you have it just on one side?

Replies

• yep you can, I think it can be more that its worse on one side. And lo can show no signs either. Hope you get it sorted xx
  • Yep I had it just in one side x
  • Thanks ladies, I'll get myself down the docs then......again! image
  • i have had it now for 4months. it doesnt bother me or my lo. i have had two course of the tablets and i just think i get rid of it and it comes back in lo at thats it. i have give up treating it now, ill just get rid when i give up breastfeeding. im very prone to it so the mild stuff which they only percribe wont get rid of it for me image ypou might not of got rid of it just didnt cause any problems and now it got out control again hun

xx