Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what to buy just in case

hi

just want to know what to buy just in case my baby wont take my breast. Iam a first time mum and really want to breast feed, but i also want to be prepared just in case.

So what did people buy just in case?

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

I wanted to breastfeed too and I did for just over 2 weeks but then gave up as I had to go back into hospital. We had already bought quite a bit because I had intended to express so that hubby could give a bottle too, so luckily we were quite well prepared for switching to formula!

We had some bottles with newborn teats, a steam steriliser, a microwave steriliser, a few cartons of ready made formula milk (we use the powder now but had bought the cartons in case we had an emergency, and the cartons are great for if you are out and about as you don't need to warm them up). We also had some Infacol in, just in case, and we have used tons of the stuff!!

We had the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles but once we started actually using bottles we bought the Dr Brown's anti colic ones as Harry was getting quite colicky.

Hope that helps and good luck with everything!

• Options
    thanks for the reply, im such as stress head always like to be prepared
  • Options
    Haha, me too. I am a first time mum too, so I know how you feel just wanting to be prepared for every possible situation!

If you are going to try breastfeeding then make sure you get some nipple cream - I didn't have any in the hospital and they did give me some but only after I was already really sore. I used Lanisoh - it's about ten quid a tube but it's worth every penny!

xx