Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I am so close to giving up completely - pls don't judge me

2»

Replies

• Options
    I'll second anyone who said nipple shields, I found Avent to be the best as some of the others had a ridge around the inside which hurt almost as much as without!!!

Don't panic about mix- feeding, but if you do want to persevere with bf, it does help to express. Another thing to be aware of is the style of bottle you have may be encouraging bad latching, try to use one that mimics the way the breast works (Tommee Tippee closer to nature are good).

The best cream I found was Kamillosan, it absolutely worked wonders.

If you are feeling really low and have suffered with depression in the past it would be a really good idea to talk to your health visitor about it. PND is so difficult to detect until you have gotten yourself so worked up you won't know what to do with yourself!

Also, mention the possibility of thrush as you and baby may need to be treated if that's the case. If baby has it you might see little white spots on the inside of the mouth see the pics here

http://www.webmd.boots.com/children/slideshow-baby-skin-care

the thrush one is no 12.

Good luck, whichever way you decide to feedimage

• Options
    Hi Lambchop. Hope things are gettin better. I posted earlier but didn't say - I had a total break from BFing for about 4 days during which time I expressed and healed and gathered my strength back to have another go and by that time it was not so bad. Then suddenly everything got loads easier and the pain disappeared and i took a huge sigh of relief! I hope you're getting on OK too.

xxx
  • Options
    If you don't feel your latch is right,it probably isn't, you'll see me banging on about it lots but it's true,

Get checked for Tongue tie, and I mean by someone qualified, a true breastfeeding consultant not just the hv or worse a gp.

Whoever said that breastfeeding has no benefits after 3 weeks is totally wrong and talking crap.

Yes breastfeeding is hard, but with the right support it ca beamazing. Definitely go to the breastfeeding cafe,it will be well worth it.

Try giving these ladies a ring, they are all qualified lactation consultants and will talk you through your problems, or get you in touch with someone local to you

0845 26 99 57 4