Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

feeding gaviscon staydown milk teets...stressing out!

hey all....

i would appreciate any any any advice on my situation,

my lo is 3months and has reflux since day one i have finally got it /getting it sorted. i have got staydown milk and gaviscon prescribed by the dr.

1)i was using variflow teets but eversince i used the staydown milk he just sucks on the teet like a dummy and doesnt really drink. the milk seems frothier is he finding it hard to drink? am i mixing the milk right? i bought the teets for 3months plus and it seems to help a little but not a great deal. should i make the hole bigger or get 6months teets?

2)sometimes i see lumps of gaviscon in the milk not fully dissolved maybe this could be getting stuck at the opening of the teet?

3) teets have now cost me a fortune and i dont have alot of money is it really bad if i 'modify' the teets myself?

i am just so stressed cause hes not sleeping through and waking up more and more and taking 3 ounces at each feed and not feeding well. i am happy with the meds they are not making him sick but then hes not drinking very much at the mo!!

sorry for the essay but would appreciate help! thanx all the ladies out there!

Replies

• the variflow are much faster flow than the 6month ones so going to them i dont think would help, it may be that its depositing in the teat, might be worth giving it a shake when he seem to be slowing down, have you kept a diary of how much hes taking? he might not need as much of the comfort milk as he did other, definatley worth having a chat with the HV x