Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Colic & colief how do i use for breastfeeding?

Hi ladies, i am new to this board - (i've found this time around with baby no 2 forums have been brilliant as i didn;t breastfeed first time around for long).

My daughter is 6 weeks old and has colic, it's been really hard going my first daughter never had this, it's really bad at night. My husband and i have been up for the last 6 nights rocking her but nothing i do will settle and she's crying and crying; i've taken her to the Dr's and she has said it colic and to try colief. I've bought some but the instructions are unclear for breatsfed babies, do i express some off and add it to that or do i put the drops in her mouth during a feed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• hello,

you can either express some off and make it up in that and then use a syringe to give it to her or you can make it up in some cooled boiled water.

I didnt use colief I used infacol. Another thing that might help is a dummy, i was really against them but the sucking motion helped my little boy to settle. i fed him until he was 13 months old.

hope that helps.  

• I also used the infacol after a feed and found that a dummy helped

• Thanks guys, i'll give this a try image

• we used infacol too, but before a feed. he soon learnt that infacol meant milk was coming very soon!

• we used infacol too as could use the dropper and give directly my LO liked the flavour i did go to a baby massage class too and the strokes helped as well

• Thanks for your help, i tried baby massage and she really liked it (i did too! was really nice seeing her smile) things are still not the best but getting better. Thanks everyone x