Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Am I feeding her too much?

Hi

My lo was EBF until 4 1/2 months and she remained pretty much on the 75th percentile line.  She was 8lbs1oz at birth and at 4 months she was 15lbs 15oz. 

Now a month later, she takes 3 x 7oz bottles a day and she was on two BF (one first thing and one at 10.30pm).  Last night I dropped the 10.30pm feed but I upped the 3 bottles to 9oz. So, 7am breastfeed, followed by 9oz at 11am, 3pm and 7pm.  She guzzles the lot.  I weighed her on the hospital baby scales today and she was 19lbs 2oz.  She's escalated to the 95th percentile.  This is obviously because of the formula but should I feed her less or just continue the same?   

She is looking a little chubster but a gorgeous chubster - as in the cute baby rolls of fat.  She is fairly long as well ( has always been on the 75th percentile for height).  She is a lot happier now she's on the formula.  Any ideas?

Replies

• Hi, I remember you from due in jan! I really wouldn't worry about it, especially as you say she's a lot happier on the formula. I'm sure she won't stay on the 95th centile, things will even themselves out eventually. My daughter was bottle fed from birth, and until last week when I started weaning her she had 5 7oz bottles s day (7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm) and she would occasionally have an extra one during the night. I wanted to wait until 6 months to wean (weaned at 4 months with ds, but now older and wiser think it was unnecessary!) but couldn't go past 5 months. She would shout and try to grab food we were eating, dribbling etc. So I have in, and havent looked back! X
  • Thanks mybs. I think it is time to start solids. I gave her some sweet potato today & she lapped it up...nearly ate the spoon as well!
  • Thats what my dd is like! Good luck xx