Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How do you make up your bottles?

Hello, my lo is 3 months and we're now moving onto formula, have been using the cartons for a week because I got myself really worked up about how to make up feeds. Have been getting lots of different advice so thought I'd ask you ladies how you do it! Many thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi! When my lo was really young I just made them up as needed them, but when she got to about 3 months I started making them up in advance and keeping them in the fridge. The current advice its not to do this, but if you cool them down straight away and put straight into fridge and use within 24 hours its ok. Many generations have done this causing no harm! I see lots of mums putting the powder into cooled water, but the powder isn't sterile so you need to use water that has boiled less than 30 mins previously. X
  • Options
    I have bottle fed both my children from birth and have always made up feeds in advance and kept in the fridge. As the previous post states as long as u dont keep them for longer than 24 hours and make up the bottles no longer than 30 after boiled kettle you will be fine image