Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

17 week old sudden hunger!!

Hi all, just wondered if anyone cud advise me... My 17 week old has suddenly gone back to feeding 2 hourly during the day which obviously I dont mind but the last couple of nights he has woke at 4am for a bottle and drinks the lot! Thos is a baby who has slept 10-11 hour nights since 12 weeks old! He already has baby breakfast with his first bottle of the day and has done for 2 weeks now, could it be a growth spurt? Reassurance please...

Replies

• Hi Claire, My son did this too, exactly at 17 weeks. I am BF and he woke up 2-3hrs every night! It was killing me! In the end he calmed back down to his normal fedding and when he was weighed two weeks later he put on 2lbs! I put it down to a growth spurt. Are you BF, bottle on combi? If your Breastfeeding don't worry too much just make sure you are drinking PLENTY of water. Bottle feeding- try and give a big bottle every other feed through the night or you could try the hungry baby formula but i'd suggest just using that for night time feeds. Let me know how it goes!

• Thanks zoe, I am bottle feeding so will just carry on to his demands and hopefully it will calm down. I have a 3 year old and cant remember anything like this with her so had a bit of a panic! Will let you know how we get on - thanks again image