Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Need help weaning my 9 month old!!

Hi! I have a nine month old son, and would like to begin weaning him onto formula. I am having a hard time-- he dislikes the taste of formula and also breastfeeding is pretty much the only way to get him tot go back to bed in the middle of the night ( we are co-sleeping as well).Anyone have any suggestions o make the process easier? Thanks alot!!

Replies

• Hi hellsbelle if i was you i wouldn't bother weaning him onto formula i would start introducing cows milk by nine months children are being weaned off formula maybe apart from a bottle at night have u tried expressing your breast milk and adding a little cows milk with it then just take out more breast milk and add a little more cows milk also start adding cows milk to his breakfast so he gets used to it i think you've just gotta keep offering the cows milk with breast milk and he'll eventually take it if he wants it. Im a nursery nurse and the amount of children that wouldn't drink cows milk after 1 and out of a cup was amazing but we just kept giving it to them every snack time and within a few weeks they started drinking it just remember as long as there getting calcium in there eating diet ie cheese etc then they'll still be getting the right nutrients hope this helps xxxx