Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hungrier baby milk

My baby girl is 3 weeks old. From newborn she has been guzzling her bottles and crying for more, so I upped it an ounce and still she cried for more. so 5 days ago I changed her cow and hate milk, to cow and hate for hungrier babies (not thinking this would be a problem as it says it's for newborn babies) ever since she has been on it, she is drinking most of her bottle every 3 hours, but has been hard to settle and seems to be really uncomfortable. She is also having dirty nappies every 2 hours!! He bum is so sore because of this. The poo looks normal, just comes out in little bits often. What does this mean? Shall I change back to her original milk? Shall I ring the doctor? i don't know what's gone wrong, and feel awful! does anyone have any advice? 

Replies

• Also guys she has had abit of a temperature since she's been on the hungrier baby milk, please help! Thanks all

• When I asked my midwife about putting the baby on it she said they don't recommend it, but she didn't say why! All I know about hungry baby milk is that it's used to stop baby weaning too early apparently, and it's thicker than normal milk! My baby is four weeks old now and he's on 7 oz every four hours and he's doing fine. Best thing to do is speak to your health visitor, it maybe that your baby doesn't agree with it? Baby's can become really constipated from it too xxx
  • Just to clarify, my baby is still on normal milk, not hungry baby xxx
  • Hi Kay 7 and demii. We're going to move this thread to the Bottlefeeding topic now.

Hope you get some helpful replies.

• I have changed her back to normal milk and keeping an eye on her! I hope she picks back up soon! Thanks demii xxx

• Hey, did u know changing milk can cause constipation? so if u change u shold stick at it. I put josh on hungry baby and found it made no diffrence too- i just gave him more milk and eventualy found a amount and routine that works.

I would take baby to docs or ring the health visitor, baby might have a blockage which may explain pooing often in small amounts.Espesh if its runny poo! The milk are all the same, hungry baby just has larger particals in so they get fuller faster and wont stop baby from weeing. I started weeing at 4 months and josh loves food, he eats everything i give him. Good luck and hope your little one gets better soon xxx

• Hi we have changed to hungry baby and my lo seems a lot happier on it. He still feeds as much as before but seems more settled after a feed but evwry baby is different. Hungry baby contains all the same goodness as first milk but is a little thicker and more satisfying. Maybe just persevere as it can take a while plus changing milks regularly can upset tummies. My mw actually advised us to use hungry milk but as i say every baby amd circumstance is different.x