Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Dream feeding

Hi I need some advice please! My daughter is 12 weeks old and still wakes between 2-4am for a feed. If I dream feed her at midnight, she wakes at 4am and can take sometime to settle back down. Still waking again at 6am. I've tried dropping the dream feed, then she wakes between 1-2am and can take 2 hours to settle back to sleep, still waking at 6am. I should add, she has a bath bottle and bed at 6pm and often settles well in her cot at 7pm. I've tried dream feeding at 10pm, 11pm and now midnight because I struggle to get her to drink it all but she always wakes around 4am regardless. She has a 6oz bottle before bed, as her dream feed (usually drinks half) and as her morning feed. Her other feeds are only 5oz and she always leaves a little.. She's fed 3 hourly during the day.

I don't know whether I should just drop the dream feed in the hope she will eventually sleep through or if there is something else I should be trying/doing?! Thanks!

Replies

• Hi I have the same problem with my 13 week baby. Just wondering if you resolved this problem? 

• Hi i found I had the same problem after a dream feed my lo would still wake early for her next feed. She's 20 weeks on thurs and has been sleeping thru for over a month now, think it's just something that comes with time x