Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

7 week old snacking.

I'm ebf my 2nd DD who is 7 weeks old and today she's suddenly started snacking between feeds? She'll have her usual feed and then about an hour later she'll root again but when I put her on she doesn't seen to really want it, she'll have a bit then let go and have a look around and a chat, then latch back on again for a minute or two, then lets go and so on and so forth. She just had a growth spurt last week (cluster fed for 8 hours straight 3 days in a row!) So I dont think its that, and it's not her usual comfort suck so I don't think it's that either. Any ideas?

Replies

• Hi

Do you think it could be keeping her fluids up in the hot weather? I think of it as a drink rather than a meal. If so she will prefer the fuller side with the more watery milk.

Aside from that I'm stumped but you could try offering her the first side again when feeding to check she's really full?

If she's getting too snoozy and falling asleep during feeds that might mean she's not quite finishing. You could wake her/ change nappy/strip her down and offer again?

Hope it's better now though