Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

20 months old and still having 3 9oz bottles a day

hi all

my 20 month old is still have 3 bottles a day morning afternoon and bedtime

she eats normal meals,snacks and juice but as soon as i try to stop one of the bottles her whole routine goes up in smoke

she wont have milk in a cup it has to be a bottle !!

any suggestions

rachx

Replies

• ALL my children were the same, and Jack is 2 tomorrow and he still enjoys his bottles.  It doesn't bother me, as I know he will stop at around 3 years old, and it settles him and helps him sleep better at night and makes him happier during the day too.
  • Thanks for that

i need to stop stressing n let her get on with it

cheers x

• I have the opposite problem, my 20mth old daughter now refuses a bottle and its practically impossible to get her to drink any milk at all!  She will only try in an open cup but shes so independant and stubborn she will not be helped so spills more than she drinks.

I have to resort to making milky sauces and giving her more yoghurts and cheese just to make sure she gets enough calcium.  Her sisters were both the same though and both began drinking it again at preschool because other children were.  I'd have much prefered to still be giving a bottle and knowing how much milk she was having!