Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeding problems - please help mums :)

Hi everyone, i hope someone can offer me some advice please :) my baby girl is 14 weeks old, she has always been a good feeder, taking 6oz since she was 3 weeks old and now on 7oz feeds most of the time. We have had problems the past couple of weeks with her feed and HV told us to change her to stage 2 teats (tommee tippee medium flow). She takes her bottle better now but she has barely any burps, one if we're lucky and is sick when she burps and after the bottle, she was never sick on the stage 1 teats. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to help it or will it just be a case of her readjusting to a different flow?

Thank you :)

Replies

• Options

Hi, you could wait a while and see if she settles, she could be having less burps as she's taking in less air with the new years ? My son was never a windy baby - he was too greedy lol 

If there's no air being taken down there will be no burps, so I'd keep going and keep winding but if she's not bringing any up I wouldn't push it, maybe wait a little while and try again if she seems uncomfortable.

If stage 2 don't work out try the vary flow teats, mine tended to prefer them as they got a bit bigger, they take a bit to get used to as the harder they suck the more milk is let out so it may take them a few feeds to get the hang of them ( without getting covered in milk)

It's trial and error unfortunatly, each child is different but she should settle again soon xx

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat Guidelines.