Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Breastfeeding Tips Needed

Hi ladies looking for some advice 

my first little bundle is due in less than 7 weeks &I im really hoping to breastfeed! 

Mim wondering if anyone can give me honest & open opinions on what worked for them and what didn't.. When to express, how often you feed and juat tips in general 

Thankyou very much xx

Replies

• I found the most useful tips in the books written by Susan Urban. Check 'How to make breastfeeding pleasant and easy' it will help you.

• Hello!

i was determined to breast feed too and i am still going almost a year on! but i know some ladies who just couldnt due to various reason. Everyone is different so i would just see how it goes! for me the first 2-3 months were the hardest, as was so sore and chapped at beginning (my lb was toungue tied though). 

i never really expressed but what i will say is try and get your little one on a bottle asap (expressed milk or formula Whatever you prefer) just so their use to the bottle As we struggled with my lb to take the bottle. He will now have a sippy cup! 

my personal experience with breast feeding has been great and such a beautiful experience but hard and tiring too. And i think if i have another baby i would try and part feed breast and bottle but see how you go Honestly follow your heart and how your baby is! 

You will be great i bet! 😊

Good luck!