Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How do I increase my milk Supply?

I'm finding it hard to keep up with breastfeeding and expressing... My baby is 3 months and at the beginning I was able to express 6oz in one go! But now I'm lucky if I can get 4oz in a day?! My other half wanted to bond with our baby and so at 8 weeks we introduced a bottle feed after her bath and before her bedtime. (daddy & Ivy time) I expressed almost 20 via pots and froze them. But we are down to the last few pots and it takes me 2 days to fill and replace one! We don't want to stop "daddy & Ivy" time but don't want to go on to formula while my milk is still working... How can I increase the supply? Why has it reduced? Can anyone help?

Replies

• It's a lot to do with supply and demand, your body is supply what it thinks your baby needs so it's quite hard to tell it to supply more. I used Fenugreek (a herbal supplement - Holland and Barrett stock it) to increase my supply, that works well.

Good Luck