Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Back to breast tips

we had breastfeeding established from beginning but then due to false diagnosis i gave up breastfeeding and gave bottle with formula + ebm but now we found out it wasnt necesarry and i dont have to give her bottle but obviousle my little girl is already the top fan of bottled and doesnt even think to go back to breast. i breastfed for 2 months, 3rd month bottle and breast and 4th and 5th just bottle, now she is nearly 6 months and i really want to breastfeed still. I had breastfeeding counsellor and she gave me plenty of good advice especially skin to skin and supplementary nursing system. But my girl is not very interested, she is relising there is something and she is putting nipple in her mouth, sometimed she licks it but thats it, with the sns she is latchinng on but only sometimes and not for long. Does anyone have any other tips that worked for you?

Replies

• Sorry for my spelling and grammar, english is not my first language and i am also typing in rush 😜

• What about trying a nipple shield, sounds stupid i know as their main purpose is to assist with latching on but the also resemble the teat of a bottle so you may be able to "trick" your little one into getting back on the breast and then gradually take the nipple shield away. 

Hope this helps 😊

• Yes i tried it as well but it doesnt seem to make her more interested, and also i habe to keep holding it because i cant really stick it on properly and it keeps falling off... so annoying 🙈 Thanks for your help anyway :)