Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Friend was told not allowed to breastfeed at Sports Day!

What the fcuk is happening!!!! Spoke to my friend last night and she had her kids sports day on Wednesday. She's got a 5 week old baby who she is breastfeeding and I cannot believe that the teachers approached her at the Sports Day and told her that if she needed to breastfeed, she would have to go into the school into an empty classroom to do so!

Well, her being her gave them a mouthful about why should she and they said they didn't think it appropriate for the young children to see her breastfeeding, she responded by telling them that they wouldn't see her breast as she was very discreet when feeding and that its not like she takes her tits out, stands on the bench and feeds the baby! And they still told her that it was not appropriate and that she would have to go into one of the classrooms!!!!!

Well.....I'm very happy to say that when it came to breastfeeding time, she stood her ground, stayed where she was and fed her baby even with the evil looks of the teachers watching.

I just can't believe it! Whether you're breast or bottle feeding why the hell should anyone confine you to having to do that in a separate area or room?!

Bloody hell, I see more human flesh from females walking around in next to nothing with belts for skirts and their fucking minges hanging out and tiny little tops that can't cover their tits so they just droop out over them and knock you in the face. Don't see anyone telling them that they're not allowed in a place until they put more fucking clothes on and people have the audacity to comment on mothers who flipping breastfeed!

Well, the people in my area are gonna have a flipping heartattack after my little mini-me man comes along in a few weeks coz I'm gonna drive into the fucking town centre on a saturday afternoon, sit on my car bonnet, take my gorgeous bouyant round lush oversized breast out and feed my baby and if anyone dare approaches me to make any negative comment about me feeding my baby then I'm going to take my other breast out and fucking squirt them with it! And that goes for the police as well! If a man can take his knob out and piss against the wall in public then I can take my breast out and feed my baby!

Sorry bout the language but that really pissed me off when I heard that!

Eva image

Replies

• Options
    This is something I hear a lot, unfortunately. You have the midwives pushing for mums to be to breastfeed, but then society makes it so hard to carry on with it.

With the way things are going, all breastfeeding mums will be confined to their own home!

• Options
    I know someone who breastfed her baby at the goal post when her older son was in goal so all the kids playing and trying to score would get distracted. I used to piss myself laughing. I have to say though it was a bit embarrasing for the ten year old. Handy for half time refreshments though.
  • Options
    eva it was the same ten years ago when i was feeding my son so the breast feeding support group i was in got the local rag to do a feature on us and we were all feeding when he took the photo and after he took it he asked if he could get another of us feeding ???he hadn't noticed we were all feeding in the first one as it was so discreete. i was also told to go to the ladies loo in a restraunt in perth but i asked the lady politely if she was going to come with me and have her tea break and she said yeuck no thanks... exactly she was told and i got a seat in the middle of the restraunt and fed him and no one but her batted an eye. we should start a new campaine for breast feeding in public places.i think its against the law to object to it now in scotland but it should be nationwde
    fea x
  • Options
    Ohh my god i couldnt believe it when i read what your poor friend was told!!! In a school as well, you would think they would be family friendly! Im a pta member in my childrens school and often attend meetings with my 7 wk old and have breastfed him twice at these meetings, everyone is fine about it. I try and be discreet as possible. Why should your friend miss out on seeing her chidren enjoying there sports day, it wouldnt be fair on them. It makes me so mad! Ive breastfed all 5 of my children and luckily havent had to put up with any negative reactions from people, YET! lol. With my 4th i got caught out with nowhere to go and feed him so i went into a pub and asked if i could use the ladies, the lady behind the bar was horrified at this suggestion and told me to go and sit at one of the tables to feed and she would bring me a glass of water! So there are some decent people out there. Debs xx
  • Options
    the government are finally trying to make it illegal for restaurants etc to tell/ask a mother to stop breastfeeding her child in public, about bloody time!! Em xx
  • Options
    I just can't believe the way people react, my sister had this with her two, not in school though which i think is an absolute disgrace for them to be so horrible about it. I think people really do think you're gonna have your tits out and be tossing them about as if you're haveing a god damn orgasm or something, it's all bloody sex related i hate that attitude it drives me crazy.
  • Options
    oh my god. thats disgusing. i have got my eldests sports day next wednesday and my 2nd boys sports day the week after, my baby is only 2weeks old and i am breast feeding him so i hope they don't tell me to shove off in side. we should have the right to feed anywhere. i am very discreet and you can't even tell i am feeding as i put a muslin clothe over my baby so no one can see and i am covered up.
    all my kids see me breast feed and are comfy with it.
    ems right, the gov are finally trying to push it so we can feed anywhere, and yes it's about time!!!!!.take carexxxx
  • Options
    Claire - why does it not surprise me that you know someone who'd breastfeed at the goal post!!!!

I think its great that in scotland its illegal not to let a woman breastfeed her child, I hope the government do something about it soon for the UK.

I just thought it was so disgraceful that this was a school who were opposed to it, after all, my daughters in year 6 learning sex education and last week was shown a video about where babies come from. I would find it a tad difficult to swallow if they then had the audacity to tell me not to breastfeed at her sports day (which is 16th July and my little boy will be here by then so lets see what happens!)
  • Options
    Thats outrageous. I breast feed my little one in public all the time and no one (touch wood) has said anything!! I'm glad your friends stood her ground. It makes me mad when people oppose it. If we choose to breastfeed, then why can;t we do it in public, its the most natural thing in the world.
  • Options
    Surely its good for the children at the school to see a baby being breastfed anyway? Its the most natural thing in the world and shouldn't be something you are made to feel ashamed or embarressed about. Thats the whole reason we have boobs in the first place!!
    I am so glad she stuck up for herself and told them where to go! x