Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Microwave ovens + baby milk = unsafe? HELP!!!

Hello moms! My name is Laura Randall. I'm the mom of a little handsome man. I am currently writing my Master's Thesis about the use of microwave ovens for heating breast-milk, formula and porridge. I am trying to research on the current habits of heating baby-milk and, specifically, I want to know if microwave ovens are actually being used for this purpose. Many people doesn't want to admit that they use microwave to heat their babies' food/milk, as it isn't socially accepted (because we do not really know if microwaves are harmful), so I have developed a very short anonymous survey (it takes less than 30 seconds to answer), to get the real thoughts of parents. This is just a small part of my research, as I intend to analyze the effect of microwaves in baby-food at a molecular structure, but I need to get a realistic estimation of the usage of microwaves when heating baby food. It would be really helpful if you could answer it and/or share it with other mothers. Thank you very much in advance. Here is the link: