Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Preparing bottle feeds - Aptimal Comfort

Hi folks!

Just interested to see  people who are formups feeding prepare bottles in advance and keep in the fridge, or make from fresh. We are on Aptimal Comfort, as advised by HV, and I've been making all bottles fresh as we need them up to now as the instructions on the box tell y to as it must be used up within 2 hours. However, we have just spent 3 nights in our local children's hospital as our 3 month old little boy had a UTI. From what I could see our formula (as we had to bring it in) was made up in advance and they must have a machine which puts it into sealed bottles (like the ones you get for newborns on maternity), it was then sent back to the ward and stored in their fridge and we had to use it by the following afternoon (so 24 hrs later it seemed). Wondering if it could be done that way at home eg first thing in the morning and kept in the fridge? My lb likes the milk cool/room temp so making it fresh means waiting ages for it to cool down! 

Another thing I noticed was that the milk didn't separate the way it does if it sits out in the room for a few hours - is that because it was fridged in hospital or just really well mixed? 

How do others prepare their formula?

TIA