Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

smoking and brestfeeding

hi, i did stop smoking end of pregnancy, did not smoke when baby was born, had some real bad issues with babys father and i did smoke about 50 ciggaretes in 2 days and i am brestfeeding , i do not smoke at all now and will not smoke anymore , i do feel horribly guilty about that i did , will it affect or harm my baby that i did smoke them 2 days ? 

Replies

• ieva said:

hi, i did stop smoking end of pregnancy, did not smoke when baby was born, had some real bad issues with babys father and i did smoke about 50 ciggaretes in 2 days and i am brestfeeding , i do not smoke at all now and will not smoke anymore , i do feel horribly guilty about that i did , will it affect or harm my baby that i did smoke them 2 days ? 

When I fell pregnant with my daughter, I had a false negative and went on a bit of a "bender". I will always wonder despite her being utterly perfect in every way. 
    My mum smoked 40 a day throughout our childhood. Worse things could have happened. You can't imagine how many babies are dropped on their heads.
    If anything is amiss, you can guarantee you will be the first to know. Nobody knows her like you do. Forgive yourself.
    You're human and it's human to err.