Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby on Nutramigen, but he seems so unhappy

i just started my almost 3 month old son on Nutramigen a week ago as prescribed by his pediatrician BecUse he was having 8-10 loose stools a day with some mucus and only gaining 1-3 oz a week. My son has always been very fussy. he screamed when I first gave this stuff to him but I believe he's gotten used to it and eats it now and his stools have greatly improved to only 1-2 a day and firmer. He's also gained 6 oz the week he's been on it. The issue I have is that he still seems so unhappy... I feel like he is never relaxed and always squirming and not even happy for 5-10 minutes after eating.. I know I may sound paranoid but I feel like this formula is damaging him in some way because I was silly and googled and saw a thread linking this formula to autism.

Was just wondering if anyone had any encouraging words or insight or even similar experiences. I didn't like putting him on this stuff but he was pooping so much he wasn't gaining weight. 

Any insight will be helpful.  Thanks!

Replies

• AllieC31 said:

i just started my almost 3 month old son on Nutramigen a week ago as prescribed by his pediatrician BecUse he was having 8-10 loose stools a day with some mucus and only gaining 1-3 oz a week. My son has always been very fussy. he screamed when I first gave this stuff to him but I believe he's gotten used to it and eats it now and his stools have greatly improved to only 1-2 a day and firmer. He's also gained 6 oz the week he's been on it. The issue I have is that he still seems so unhappy... I feel like he is never relaxed and always squirming and not even happy for 5-10 minutes after eating.. I know I may sound paranoid but I feel like this formula is damaging him in some way because I was silly and googled and saw a thread linking this formula to autism.

Was just wondering if anyone had any encouraging words or insight or even similar experiences. I didn't like putting him on this stuff but he was pooping so much he wasn't gaining weight. 

Any insight will be helpful.  Thanks!

Nope. Autism is much more complex than that. Nearly every one of my dad's descendants has Asperger's.
    Might he be tense and unhappy because you are too?
    Perhaps look at baby massage. It's nice contact time for both of you. But if you are still concerned, a professional opinion can only benefit and improve peace of mind. Your doing brilliantly.