Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Really Bad Wind!

Hii.

My little boy has just turned 5 weeks today. He has started to have really bad wind, he finds it difficult to get any burps up and he continues to be sick after every feed. IS THIS NORMAL?! 

I have thought about changing his milk as I hoped this would perhaps stop all the fuss when feeding him. I currently use Aptmail 1 Infant Milk for him so maybe this is what is causing the pains. 

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do??!! 

Thank you xxx

Replies

• Have you tried using gripe water? My little one suffers with colic and gets really bad trapped wind. Nothing really seems to cure it but found that gripe water works a treat for brining up burps.

• We used ‘Little remedies’ Gas drops with our little guy and they helped a lot. 

i believe there is also a formula milk for gassy babies that you could try. I breastfed so don’t know too much about it but if you google gassy baby formula I bet you’ll be able to find it. 

• Maybe also try changing the bottle nipple. If he’s suddenly getting lots of gas it could be that he’s gulping too fast and taking in air. Maybe try switching to a different flow nipple... perhaps a slower one so he has time to sip it rather than gulping & to work a bit harder and get a better latch on the bottle which would maybe prevent the air getting in.