Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hungry baby!!!!??

Just emailing for some advice.

My little one is 2 weeks old and is a fussy one when it comes to her feeds.

An example of her days is: she wakes up 7 at the latest and has a feed 4oz with cool boiled water, but she never finished the full feed and falls asleep, I wind her and sometimes change her nappy but she doesn't hardly finish the 4oz if anything she downs 3oz and end up nodding off for 10 mins and wakes up and stays calm untill 1/2 2 hours later and cries I try and think she might be restless and I calm her as she falls asleep and decides to cry and mooches around for a bottle and then it starts again were she doesn't finish the full bottle. I try and wait for 3 hours but she ends up screaming and throwing a tantrum.

Through the night she has her last bottle 1130 1200 and wakes either 3 or 4 and then in the morning so she isn't waking up for feeds.

I'm on the aptamil but I'm thinking of trying other things to maybe help her sleep through the day as she gets restless and overtired and sometimes it's hard to calm her.

Sorry for the essay, but I'm just a tired mum after a bad night and wondering if I'm doing anything wrong??? 

Replies

• Options

Hi..

I have definately been there, you say cooled boiled water, are you warming the milk up she may take more and it settles better in there stomach, if I givr my daughter cold milk shes up screaming all night and pukes and stomach ache!

If you are giving warm milk ignore that. My suggestion would be to try a different brand, its not well heard off but I have been told that Hipp Organic is the best for unsettled babies as it is slightly thinker than others, it settles on the stomach better (NO cereals added)! Or you could try the next teat size up maybe shes getting to tired to suck it and gives up.. I hear the mams are the best as the teats go up every 2 months rather than just 3 sizes there 4-5.

Ive been there and this is what I tried and it worked perfectly my newborn (well 2 week old) was out on size 2 mam teats and hipp organic and she has been on that since then now im on the follow on milk.

Thanks Hope this helps, not quite sure what else to sggest but it worked for me theres not harm in trying.

Dont listen to the rumours saying you cant keeo switching the milk its bad for them.

How you meant to know what one works best if you dont try them all. Its pefectly fine dont let this scare you, my daughter is fine, isnt constipated or ill. I went from brand to brand all the time, HV and doctor said its fine!