Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sterilising bottles when baby is with her dad away from my home

Hi

My baby is 7 months old, and her father is ready to have her over the weekend starting with 4 hours only for a few months progressing. Sorry rambling.

Anyway Ive told him theres a few things he needs to get, I said a highchair, a travel cot some bottles and a STERLISER.

With the sterliser however he asked if he could lug mine back and forth its a large sterliser, the milton 30 pound one from boots (If you know what one) and I point blank refused and said no. He needs to get these bits if he wants her for longer periods, and something like a sterliser should not go in the back of a dirty old car anyway!!

I was just wondering if there was a way for him to sterlise the bottles without a sterliser? Ive been told to use a very large saucepan and lid with cold water and sterling fluid as it will ok for a few hours as a temporary thing, or just to wash them up well with the fluuid.. I just want some ideas.

My baby wont take to MAMS before anyone suggests buying those, my baby uses the 1 pound bottles from poundland and the cheap ones from boots (almost like a tommee tippee). I have tried a MAM to see if this would help the situauton but I am failing misrabley.

Any help and advice would be good!

Replies

• You can get microwave sterilisers for about £15 in Argos so get him to buy one of them. Also Milton do little sterilising tablets which you pop in with the bottles in a clan sink or bowl. hope this helps. 

• Thanks that does help!

:)