Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What formula is vegetarian and stops wind?

my baby is 5 weeks old. I have been Breast feeding but having issues with him attaching so having to top him up with formula. I started on sma comfort as I am vegetarian and it doesnt contain fish oil. However my son has got really bad wind and is always in pain. His poos smell really bad aswell.

i don’t know if it’s because of the sma comfort? Can anyone recommend whats the best formula for him to have?

Replies

• My cousins a vegetarian also.. Unfortunately as one there isn't much you can do. She had to bite her tongue and allow normal formula for a year or so.

I would say use a breast pump and bottle feed it instead and if he's not getting enough, you may have to just give him any formula and when it comes to weaning and not needing it then ' avoid meat etc' but until then you may have to allow it for his health, colic and wind etc.

My advice would be Hipp organic , hasn't got much 'animal products' in as such and none that causes the animals harm, all free range etc. No nasties and works a charm, been on it since day one, no colic or constipation or anything! Truly natural ingredients which is great on the tummy! 

Sorry for not having good advice and sorry if I sound harsh, I'm not lot of vegertsrisns in the family, I was for 6 or 7 years! 

Anyway also for colic Dr Browns or Mams are the bottles to use!