Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My Baby doesn't like the taste of formula

My son will be 6 months next week and from the day that he was born he has not liked milk. I struggled to breastfeed because he would not drink from me, I then started expressing my milk and I would still have trouble with him. I had milk intolerance and allergy tests done but everything came back normal.

I struggled on for 3 months but then my milk supply dropped drastically and I then started him on formula full time. Every major brand formula I tried he hated and at 4 months he was only drinking 2-3 ounces of milk. As much as I struggled I never received any constructive help or advice from the health visitors or the GP other than "some babies are fussy" "he will grow out of it" "keep trying". 

It was then recommended to me that I sweeten the milk, I started adding vanilla drops to my sons milk and then he would only tolerate the taste but never drinking more than 4 ounces. I tried every major brand out there and I continued to struggle.

At 5 months I was at my wits end especially when he stopped gaining weight the GP suggested that I start weaning early but I really wanted my baby to drink milk. I did a bit of research online and I read a few articles, blogs from mothers who had similar issues, there was one recommendation to try a British brand of milk that was actually nice tasting called Kendamil https://www.kendamil.com. My little one loves this brand and he is now drinking milk as a baby should be.

I wanted to make more mums aware of this British brand of baby milk and I am hoping that if you are a mother struggling with your baby drinking milk like I was that you read this and try the Kendamil brand of milk.

All thoughts, comments are welcome.