Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help! I added more formula to an old bottle rather than a new water bottle.

Ok, so I know your not supposed to, but I take cooled booked water in a bottle and the correct amount of formul in the milk carriers to bed with me for the night feed. 

I woke half asleep and dazed and accidentally added the formula to the already made bottle that the baby barely drank before bed. 

He had about 2 oz before I realised after wondering why it was so thick. 

Has as anyone else done this and do you think he will be ok?

thanks

Replies

• Also, forgot to mention that the baby is 3 months old and the ‘old’ formula was 5 hours old. 

• I also do that technique Hanny .I'm sure he will be fine, it's a one off mistake .worse thing that will happen is he may get an upset stomach but I bet he won't .

• I got to point i made bottle up b4 bed, and no matter what time he woke through night he got it.

Now 8month and there were no issues, i think he should be okay.. 

Best 9f luck

• Hanny123 said:

Ok, so I know your not supposed to, but I take cooled booked water in a bottle and the correct amount of formul in the milk carriers to bed with me for the night feed. 

I woke half asleep and dazed and accidentally added the formula to the already made bottle that the baby barely drank before bed. 

He had about 2 oz before I realised after wondering why it was so thick. 

Has as anyone else done this and do you think he will be ok?

thanks

Soon he will be putting everything within reach in his little mouth. They're really much tougher than they look. The biggest problem is probably your concern. Nobody knows him like you. Just keep an eye on him. They are pretty good at throwing up anything that doesn't belong. You probably noticed. 
    Relax. You'll be the first to know if he isn't a happy bunny.