Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

manual or electric breast pump?

the best thing i did buy last time were sterile freezer bags for breast milk so if you even only get a little milk you can freeze all your little bags till you have enough for a feed

Replies

• Hello,
    Im going to go out tomorrow and try and kit myself out with bits to make breast feeding/expressing easy!

Please can everyone give me some advice on what 'really' works.. as ive heard so many bad things about the manual ones.... Are the electric ones much more effective?

Thanks xxx
  • The electric are easier and less time consuming..... If plannig to express alot I would proberbly suggest to get an electric one... Amirah xo
  • thanks 2bmum..
    which make did you find works?
  • I have absolutely no idea why this post has come up twice in pregnancy.. so im sorry about that! image
  • I expressed loads with my last baby and carried on feeding and expressing when i went back to work and i found the avent isis manual a fantastic pump. I will definitely be using it again this time. x
  • last time i used a manual and to be honest it was crap , so i then tried 2 electric ones , this time im going all out and spending ??200 on a hospital grade one. there is a really good web site that sells them called expressyourselfmums you can give them a call and chat about your needs , hope this helps sharron
  • thats fab, thank honeymummy3!
    ill take a look...

it seems, from the responses on here, that it all depends on the individual again!... blimey.. sure is the unknown isnt it!...

Thanks for all your help everyone...
    i'll probably start off with a manual first and see how I get on!