Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it normal to breastfeed every half an hour?

My baby loves to be breastfed and is starting to request it a lot more than when it first started? Is this normal? It feels kinda nice ngl.

Replies

• i personally only breastfeed every 8 hours but thats just me
  • ladyjean said:
    i personally only breastfeed every 8 hours but thats just me

Ah, so it is normal? Is your husband okay with this? My husband gets sort of annoyed how often my baby gets breastfed.
  • @Saillix how old is your kid?
  • edited May 16, 2019 10:13AM
    Sigsauer said:
    @Saillix how old is your kid?

My kid is 1 years old.
  • At this age kids starting to get lore attached to it,as it's comforts home even more than  when he/she was a baby. As at 1 to they trying to be more independent,asking for a it more often gives this confidence that mom is still around and will be near any moment baby needs it. It is absolutely normal ;) you doing great job,well done!!
  • Sigsauer said:
    At this age kids starting to get lore attached to it,as it's comforts home even more than  when he/she was a baby. As at 1 to they trying to be more independent,asking for a it more often gives this confidence that mom is still around and will be near any moment baby needs it. It is absolutely normal ;) you doing great job,well done!!

Tysm hun! xx
  • Sigsauer said:
    At this age kids starting to get lore attached to it,as it's comforts home even more than  when he/she was a baby. As at 1 to they trying to be more independent,asking for a it more often gives this confidence that mom is still around and will be near any moment baby needs it. It is absolutely normal ;) you doing great job,well done!!
    I've read that it's ok and even good for bonding, though this age is also the time to weaning. It's quite ok to breastfeed every three-four hours but It's for younger babes. I do think that it's better to gently decrease the frequency of breastfeeding and found alternatives. 
  • I think when it comes to breastfeeding there is no 'normal', when they are 1, they are learning about giving and receiving, boundaries etc so they might realise they can ask and get more than before, when they just wanted milk for food, now it can be more of a comfort. If you are happy doing that often than keep going! And it probably will be more of a phase and will start decreasing after a couple of weeks. X
  • Before your milk supply is established, breastfeeding should be "on demand" (when your baby is hungry), which is generally every 1½ to 3 hours. As newborns get older, they'll nurse less often, and may develop a more reliable schedule.
  • You should take the necessary advice from a doctor who is experienced about it.