Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Breast feeding supplements and mastitis

I just wondered if anyone has experienced issues of mastitis after taking breast feeding supplements? I’m new to BF and my daughter is now 14 weeks old and within that time I’ve had mastitis twice (antibiotics twice), almost a third as of yesterday and each time correlates to me taking breast feeding supplements a day or two before. As you can see I’m useless at taking pills daily so have only ever taken them a couple of times since she’s been four weeks. 
Thanks so much

Replies

• Alexeeee said:
    I just wondered if anyone has experienced issues of mastitis after taking breast feeding supplements? I’m new to BF and my daughter is now 14 weeks old and within that time I’ve had mastitis twice (antibiotics twice), almost a third as of yesterday and each time correlates to me taking breast feeding supplements a day or two before. As you can see I’m useless at taking pills daily so have only ever taken them a couple of times since she’s been four weeks. 
    Thanks so much
    I had terrible mastitis with both my son and daughter. I really can't be certain of the exact cause although it was suggested being above 10lb birth weight and ever increasing may have been a factor.
    When I walked into the doctors office, he immediately said,"mastitis! I can smell it". He explained that I really couldn't keep giving it to them like that as they were getting infected milk. It took real horse pill antibiotics to manage it. But wow! The effect of my relief was so evident in their demeanor. They need you well. Look after mummy too.