Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Teacher Qs

Hi,
Can anyone answer this Q about progression on the UPS scale? When I went on mat leave (last Oct) i was beginning my 2nd year on UPS1, so technically, when I return in Sept I should be considered by my boss for UPS2 status. BUT....b4 I left (earlier than mat leave as was on sick with spd) I didn't have a perf man mtg and so didn't have any new targets set.
So my Qs are 1) can i move onto UPS2 if I've been off for the best part of a year? (have done a few KIT days and bits of work from home) and 2) can i move up if no targets were set?
Has anyone else been in this situation? Want to know my rights etc b4 going back just to be prepared. Worked my butt off up to leaving so will be so cross if i have to wait another year!

Replies

• As far as I'm aware, the new criteria for threshold and UPS is evidence that you have over the last 3 years irrespective of whether you had P.M. targets or not. You can't be penalised for not having a P.M. meeting as you were off sick. I would seek your union's advice as they will have all sorts of guidelines and policies to help. Good luck with it, I'm considering putting myself though threshold, I need the money desperately!
  • Thanks, I spoke to my head yesterday, just casually asked if i needed to do anything this time round and he said no, no forms this time (which i knew!) so at least he knows i'm wanting it!
    Go for it with threshold, i found it nowhere near as bad as everyone made out! They mainly all did it 1st cohort at my school as older than me so they papped it! I at least`had`a few examples as a guideline. Is there anyone you know who could lend you theirs as a reference/guide? It certainly helps you get your head round all the jargon! Good luck, well worth the extra dosh! x