Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Where do I stand - when returning back to work??

Not too sure where I stand, but basically currently on maternity leave and taking the whole year off, due to return in Feb. In the meantime the company had been sold, and my manager (owner) is opening up a new office in Aus. I know there have been loads of changes and I haven't been informed of any of them, including staff who been made redundant. I'm a programme manager and we had 6 of us doing that job when I left (i work for a small inbound tour operator). I've spoken to another lady I work with who is also on maternity leave and they offered her a new fancy role for her to return back to on. So I emailed asking to be informed of the current situation with timescales on new office and ownership and have had an email saying my job maynot be availble due to the credit crunch. But while I've been off he's replace 2 full timers and taken on a part timer - shouldn't this have been on a temp basis to cover me?? I'm so angry, but don't know where I stand and if I can take this further?

Sorry for long post - hope this makes sense

Replies

• I'm not sure where you stand - are you trying to get a job with your old boss in his new business or in your old job with the new owners?
    Under TUPE you should have the right to keep your job and you should have been informed of all changes but it depends on the transfer of sale from your old boss to the new owner. I would recomend phoning acas if you get no luck with the employers as they are pretty good at employment advice particulalry in relation to maternity rights. they may even mediate on your behalf.
    good luck xx