Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work

I want to be a Radiologist

Can anyone give me some advice?
I want to train to become a Radiographer, however I had no experience in this sector so think doing my nurses training may be the best route into this line of work. However, I am currently 32 weeks pregnant and right now want to focus on my baby but know if I want to begin training this year I'll have to apply and show interest early on. So, I have emailed (a million and one times) the NHS careers advice website and a load of local hospitals, enquiring about routes into radiology and nurses training and also student funding (while I train). This was at least 3 weeks ago and I have still had no reply. I wondered if anyone was a nurse and could give me advice? And if so how do you find being a mum and balancing such a demanding career.

Replies

• Hi
    I think you have to train 3 years at a university to become a radiographer. Doing nurses training may or may not make it easier to get into radiographer training. Try checking out universities (websites) for courses. I don't know about student funding. You need to think about childcare and they may ask you to make sure you're not overstretching yourself. It is hard work being a mum and starting a new career. Good luck.
    xx