Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work

New job

I'm a nursery nurse due to return to work next month only i dont want to do that anymore...
i want a new job with more challenges and that is less routine everysingle day and love working with people (couldnt handle working alone), would retrain again....any ideas of what i can do? xx

Replies

• teaching assistant? after-school club organiser/assistant? if you want different/more challenges but want to still work with children but if you want a complete change i'm not sure. what kind of things do you like? theres a big demand for plumbers in this area and they get paid loads. you can do evening classes to get qualified then get a job with someone to learn the ropes and get experience before moving on for the big bucks! not sure if thats what you had in mind!
  • you know, i really dont know what to do!! i considered plumbing as its good money and sociable...but i hate creepy crawlies so that went out the window as old piesoften have bugs around them lol. I want a job where i can be sociable, not sitting down all day, get to use my brain....i'm thinking of developing oh's job into our own business...i can get what i want out of my job then, i think i'd like to go self employed in something...thats not childcare! I dont particularly want to workin that area now as although its rewarding its just not challenging mentally for me, i'm looking through course lists to re-qualify for something else again! xxx
  • my friends a remote pa so she works from home but i don't really get how it works or how she got the job!
    what is it your hubby does?
    good luck - let us know how you get on - i could do with some inspiration myself!
  • OH fits kitchens/ bathrooms etc so might take over his job and find more work for him to do, the advertising/invoices etc... will post how it goes when i eventually get around to it! x