Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

childcare - close to home or work? and nap issues

my LO is 6 months old and I'm starting part-time work in June, only for 3 months. I havent looked into childcare until now as I wasnt intending to go to work but have been asked by previous employer to work on a project for them, and we do need the money! Work will be a 45min bus ride away from home.
I will be in the office for 1 day and at home for the other day. I cant decide whether it would be better for LO to be close to me whilst I'm at work, but have to endure bus ride, or to be closer to home, as I may need childcare the day I work at home. Does anyone have any experience or advice that would help me decide?

Would a childminder be more flexible than a day nursery?

Also, the only way I can get LO to sleep during the day is to feed him so he falls asleep at the breast!! Anyone know any strategies that I can use to get him to fall asleep on his own that will work within next 4 weeks, and that doesnt involve leaving him to cry!?

Replies

• Options
    hi, i am working on becoming a childminder. and have been doing quite a bit of resurch. i belive that childmiders are more felexable. i think u will be best finding one closer to home that way u can drop littlen off before ur buzy day. with sleep have u tryed giveing him a blanket that smells of u. all the best of luck image
  • Options
    Do you use a dummy? Violet loves a dummy and a muslin that she will put over her face and snuggle with it and will just drop off.

I have always had childcare close to home - at one point I was working 100 miles from home, but the children were at school they went to a childminder before school, then a childrens club after school.