Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

finishing and starting back to work....

was just wondering when everyone finished work before the baby?

and when you returned to work afterwards?

im finding it really hard to give dates to work when i just dont have a clue how im going to feel....matenity pay rubbish so hoping to work as long as possible till im due.

thanks x

Replies

• As I work from home I didnt need to commute into london so started my mat leave on 30th April & my due date was 8th May but I had quite a lot of annual leave so actually finsihed on 5th April. I returned to work after 7 months as I got 6months full pay & took most of December off as holiday as you legally accrue all your annual leave even whilst on maternity leave.
  • i worked til one month before baby due, lucky coz he arrived two weeks early! the day before i had completely finished getting things ready and was looking forward to a couple of weeks with my feet up! i have just returned to work, baby a year old next wed! xx
  • The best laid plans don't always work anyway! I had intended to work up until 8th August (lo was due on 27th August) but my spd was bad and my 45 min drive each way was getting more and more uncomfortable so I finished on July 10th, I used up annual leave from last year for July so my maternity leave started on 1st August and I go back on April 1st.
    As it happened, my lo didn't arrive until 10th September so I had 2 months off prior to lo being born and it was sooo boring!
    xx