Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Does everyone want your job now you're pregnant??

Hi, everyone, since I announced my pregnancy and maternity plans half the department are clawing for my job. One colleague in particular has started trying to do parts of my job and sends me emails now making suggestions about things that are nothing to do with him like he's the bloomin' boss!! AARRGGHH!! It's driving me nuts! Why can't they have the decency to hold back a bit? Does anyone else have this problem? I find it really undermining. Anyone have something similar?? I have also posted in pregnancy

Replies

• Yes! A new teacher started at school in the April as I left on maternity in June. She used to go round saying how she used to do my job when she taught abroad etc etc and what she used to do etc etc. Drove me mad. Anyway I am now back at work and she has just started on maternity leave. But while I was off the other people I worked with told me she kept trying to take over and boss them about!

xxx
  • nobody would want my job, lol! i work for ther child support agency!

but can completely understand how it can affect people in professions, where all junior members of staff see you as a way for them to get ahead,

i think you ahould tell him where to go and blame it on your hormones lol!

marie x