Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Missing out!

I'm here to have a moan as i am feeling sorry for myself!

When Maddie was first born i had problems bonding and didn't mind going back to work when she was 3 weeks as it gave me a breather and helped but now she is 6 months and things have really started to click with us know and even though i only work weekday mornings i feel as if i am missing out or have missed out.
I have never done the parent groups or anything like that, they all seem to be mornings and know i have to juggle everything just to be there when she gets weighed.
I think the problem is my mum looks after her for me and has started to go to one of the groups as Maddie loves to be around other children, she did ask me if it was ok which it is but i feel a bit green eyed monster about it and i dread the day Maddie does something for the first time and i am not there, we have been lucky so far!

Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• i feel like that everyday. i send her off to sil thinking please dont do anything exciting while you are there. what i worried about most was sil finding her first tooth or being there when she took her first steps. luckily i have been there for both these things but everyday i worry she will do something and i will miss it. i only work 3days a week and still miss her like mad (although i do enjoy the adult company).