Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work

Back to Work and Pregnant Again!

I am due to go back to work 1st July (parttime) after taking 12 months mat leave. I am currently 16 weeks pregnant (work are aware of this with twins). Have informed them of due date 15 November although have also informed them that due to this being a twin pregnancy may be earlier. Have worked with current employee for 4 years. Does anyone know what I am entitled to re SMP/MA, holidays etc. Work are not sure and have as yet to come back to me, I have asked if I can take my holiday as I accured 12 days as a full time employee which would equal a month leave as only working 12 days a month and any other holiday owed. Does anyone have any ideas CIt Adv said if I can stay at work until middle of Aug would get SMP. Also if I am struggling at work can I be signed off?!?!?!?!? Any ideas girls?

Replies

• Hi,

I have access to EEF book at work ( employers federation) Looking at it it says:
    1.If 26 wks continous serviceby the end of the qualifying week (QW) (this is 15th wk b4 EWC) e.g 25wks preg.
    2.Normal wkly earnings for 8wk period up to and including the QW not less than lower earning limit for the payment of NIC's
    3. Given 28days of notice of intention to stop work
    4. Produced evidence of EWC e.g MAT B1 no later than 3wks after first paying SMP
    5.At the start of the 11th wk before EWC is still pregnant
    Or has stopped work because of pregnancy/birth

Then you should get SMP. As far as I know even in you are stilll on mat leave now this counts as part of continuous service. The key thing is when you go back 1st July you need 8wks pay above the lower NI limit. - I think!

Not sure about the holidays. I'm gonna try ring up EEF via my work and find out more about SMP and holiday accrual
    Hope this helps!
  • Will get hubby to have a look at what you said when he back from working away (next week) I got terrible baby brain at mo and cant take anything in?!?!?!. Thanks for your help tho. Just wanted some info to back me up.
  • Will get hubby to have a look at what you said when he back from working away (next week) I got terrible baby brain at mo and cant take anything in?!?!?!. Thanks for your help tho. Just wanted some info to back me up.